Adrenal fatigue is a collection of signs and symptoms, known as a syndrome, that results when the adrenal glands function below the necessary level. Most commonly associated with intense or prolonged stress, it can also arise during or after acute or chronic infections, especially respiratory infections such as influenza, bronchitis or pneumonia. As the name suggests, its paramount symptom is fatigue that is not relieved by sleep but it is not a readily identifiable entity like measles or a growth on the end of your finger. You may look and act relatively normal with adrenal fatigue and may not have any obvious signs of physical illness, yet you live with a general sense of unwellness, tiredness or “gray” feelings. (adrenalfatigue.org)
- Adrenal Fatigue Explained (Alan Christiansen ND)
- Adrenal Fatigue and Weight Gain – Are they related? (Marcelle Pick NP)
- Do you have adrenal distress syndrome (for moms!!!)?
- Pregnancy & Adrenal Fatigue
- Watch your Adrenal Fatigue signs – your adrenal crying for help
- Try taking this Adrenal Fatigue Quiz (Alan Christiansen ND)
- You may read this adrenal wisdom and 3 Stages of Adrenal Fatigue and Hormonal Imbalances article.
- Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Nervous System Seesaw (David Jockers)
- And do NOT forget to take Vitamin D every day!
- Adrenal Fatigue and Bio-Identical Hormone Connection (Hormones Balance FB Video)
For further reading about Adrenal Fatigue, check out Favorite Articles.
- Adrenal Fatigue + Hypothyroidism + Migraine Headache cocktail = the very common symptoms I see in my clinic. If you are seeing an acupuncturist and she/he is just treating migraine headache, I guarantee your migraine headache will come back again and again and again. Talk your practitioner to check Adrenal and Thyroid issues first along with diet, nutrition and address lifestyle changes.
Since adrenal fatigue is most commonly associated with high levels of prolonged stress, reducing your stress level is a good place to start if you think you have adrenal fatigue. Acupuncture, aromatherapy, and other therapies can help with reducing stress. For those with high anxiety and stress, a quick, Rescue Remedy can help at the beginning of your recovery for quick, in-the-moment stress-relief .
Your sleep pattern can place your adrenals under stress and fatigue. Unfortunately, adrenal fatigue can also be the cause of atypical sleep patterns! A typical, healthy sleep pattern means that your cortisol level is up when you wake up in the morning, goes down as the day goes on, and is very low around 9 pm. Melatonin is very low in the morning and begins climbing up around 5 pm. Cortisol and Melatonin is like seesaw; when one is high and other is low and vice versa. Adrenal fatigue patients have either cortisol level that is too high (“wired” type) or too low (“crash” type). High people are often stay “high” all day long, and low people are often stay “low” all day long. I strongly suggest you to install blue light app called f.lux (FREE) on your computer. It will set you on the mood for you need to go to bed soon when it comes to 9 pm! Here’s the detail explanation of f.lux “how it works”. Sleep Cycle is another app ($ 0.99-) for iPhone to analyze your sleep patterns – how much you toss and turn, how often you go to the deep sleep stage, or how often you are tosses and turns.
Cortisol is directly related to blood sugar levels. To avoid having blood sugar roller coaster all day long, there are many suggestions I will post soon.
Vitamin D Deficiency
Enlarge the infographic here to find out the importance of this vitamin.
Stingy Nettle Tea (Infusion) can help strengthen the adrenals and kidneys, and it’s to make yourself – it is like a super tonic for your adrenal glands! Mountain Rose Herbs is a great online company for herbs like stinging nettle.
Glandular and herbal therapy is ingesting the dried and ground adrenal and non-adrenal glands of other animals.