Although some people still think of fertility as a “woman’s problem,” a third of all cases of infertilty involve problems solely with the male partner. Infertility in a man may be the sole reason that a couple can’t conceive, or it may simply add to the difficulties caused by infertility in his partner.
Male Fertility issues:
- Immune Factor (Anti-Sperm Antibodies – ASAB).
- These sites provide good information on what to avoid and supplement recommendation.
- The list of medical causes of male fertility
- How to read the semen analysis report – what is normal and abnormal
- Wonder food for male fertility – pomegranate juice / extract
- What Jane Lyttleton said about Male Factor Infertility
- Improve sperm count and morphology – please visit nutrition page, take Ashwagandha and pycnogenol supplement
- Male infertility
Must Read Articles:
- 7 surprising sperm killes – Joseph Mercola
- Reversing Male Infertility Article #1– LifeExtension Magazine
- How Amino AcidsEnhance Male Fertility Article #2
- Processed Meat and Male Fertility – Joseph Mercola
- Male Infertility andGlutathione Article #3
- Disappearing Male (with video) – Joseph Mercola
- Cell Phone Radiation and Sperm Quality Article #4 – Dr. Mercola
- Cell Phones affect sperm quality – Dr. Jockers
- Round-UP Toxicity affecting male fertility – Joseph Mercola
- How to deal with Testosterone Decline? – Joseph Mercola
There are many supplements that can enhance male fertility.
- Ashwagandha– This little known herb is powerful supplement to combat stress-related infertility, increases serum testosterone and other reproductively critical hormones.
- Maca Root – benefits for infertility in men
- L-Carnitine (for low sperm counts):L-Carnitine from foods – meat and dairy or L-Carnitine 2000-3000 mg/dayor N-Acetylcystine (NAC) 600 mg/day to improve volume and motility in men.
- Reduces semen viscosity, making it easier for sperm to move forward and reach their goal of fertilizing egg cell.
- Helps to raise serum testosterone levels, improve parameters of sperm quality and is known to help protect sperm DNA and the membrane from damaged caused by free radicals
- L-Arginine (1000 ng x 2/day): This amino acid is found higher concentrations within sperm heads. Arginine can help to boost healthy sperm count and sperm motility
- L-Arginine – Good food sources: chickpeas, meat, fish, nuts, seeds, oatmeal; supplement – I recommend thisAmino Acid Combo. comes w/ L-Glutamine, Ornthine, Lysine & Glycine
- Tribulus and Adrenal Complex –The king of fertility herbs. I highly recommend these herbal tablets from Medi Herbs (manufactured in Sydney AU).
- Selenium (200 mcg/day): I recommend this food based supplement. Antioxidant, involved in spermatogensis and testicular development, as well as assisting motility
- Selenium – Some of the best food sources for selenium are Brazil nuts, fish, sunflower seeds, poultry, mushrooms, eggs, and onions.
- Zinc (50 mg/day): Depletion of zinc reduces the volume of semen produced. Good food sources for zinc includes oysters, wheat germ, liver, pumpkin seeds, beef, lamb and peanut.
- Increases sperm counts, mobility, fertilizing capacity, decreases levels of DNA damage, structural abnormalities in sperm, and levels of antibodies to sperm that can impair sperm quality
- Glutathione (100mg/day) – This is one of the human body’s most powerful antioxidant. Oxidative stress is the key inhibitor of fertility. It has a very positive effect on sperm morphologyand motility.
- Foods contain Glutathione are: fish, red meat, poultry, watermelon, walnuts, eggs, onion, garlic, avocados, peaches, spinach, tomatoes, peas, broccoli, rice bran and brussels sprouts
- CoenzymeQ10 (Ubiquinol-QH) 100 mg/day:Improve sperm motility, sperm count, and sperm morphology. Ubiquinol-QH is the best form of CoEnzymeQ10 to take.
- Good food sources: avocado, sesame seeds, spinach, chicken, beef, peanuts, oilive oil.
- Omega-3 Fish Oil (1840 mg/day): DHA & EPA improve total sperm count and concentration. Omega3 rich Mediterranean style diet boost the chances of successful conception.
- Vitamin E (200 IU x 1/day) – Please do not take 100% “Alpha-Tocopherol” form of vitamin E –> scroll down to read “under Tamie recommends” section.
- Vitamin C (500 mg in the morning): If your vitamin label said “Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), it means the vitamin C you are taking is synthetically made. It is pretty much corn oil and sulphuric acid.
- Vitamin D (D3 / 5000 IU /day taken with K1+K2 to increase its absorption level): Optimal level is over 50ng/ml. This level is positively correlated with sperm motility and normal structure of sperm.
- vitamin B-12(5000 mcg per day); I recommend Methylcobalamin sublingual or spray form than taking cynanocobalamin or hydroxocobalamin
- pomegranate juice / extract – wonder fruit for male infertility