My number one asked the question from my fertility patients is “Do you have any recommendations for supplements & vitamins I should take?” I recommend whole food based vitamins, rather than synthetically made ones. If you are unsure if you are taking synthetic vitamins, I can help you! There is so much information about vitamins and supplements, so take a look at the articles below. Eye, hair, nail, mouth, and skin symptoms are among the early warning signs of vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
Top Herbal Supplement list:
- Royal Jelly (bee pollen)* – Not all Royal Jelly are the same. The Royal Jelly I recommend. Royal Jelly Discussion Site (discussion site/ blog)
- Tribulus – this is the herb for fertility both women and men. I recommend Tribulus from Medi Herbs
- Rehmannia – Adrenal booster (Gaia Herb – Adrenal Support is good product)
- Licorice – I recommend Adrenal Complex tablet from Medi Herbs
- Chaste Tree (Vitex ) – Regulate hormonal imbalance. I use the supplement from Medi Herbs (manufactured in Sydney, Australia).
- Oat Straw Tea – You can order singles herbs from Mountain Rose Herbs and make a infusion (decoction) yourself. Pretty powerful !!!
- Red Clover Tea – The same as above. You can make a decoction and drink it.
Whole Food Based Prenatal Vitamin
(NOT synthetic chemical compound) Here’s list of whole food based prenatal vitamins I can recommend to my patients:
- Standard Process and Mediherbs– They are the top notch whole food based supplement. Sold by practitioners only. This is absolute my first choice.
- Innate Baby and Me Trimester I & II – I have them in my clinic. Whole Food based prenatal vitamin you can take before and during the pregnancy.
- New Chapter Prenatal Vitamins (3 tablets daily) – I have them in my clinic. Better price in these sites –> Vitacost (192 tablets) (96 tablets), Drugstore.com (192 tablets) (96 tablets)
- Megafood – whole foods based prenatal vitamins (4 tablets daily) – Baby & Me.
- Ben Kim‘s Homocysteine Care– 100 % whole food source of vitamin B12, B6 and Folate(B9) and organic beetroot, parsley, carrots, broccoli, Polysaccharides and Co-enzymes Q10 included.
- The Synergy Company – whole food based prenatal vitamins (4 tablets daily)
- Nexa Prenatal – This company seems to make only prenatal vitamin with plant-based DHA (1 soft gel daily) but it contains mostly synthetic ingredients.
- Grown by Nature – They do not have prenatal vitamin but B complex plus contains folic Acid and Inositol.
- Vitamin A – If your vitamin A is listed as “Beta-Carotene (Vitamin A Precursor)“, this is not vitamin A. It converts poorly in diabetics, people with hypothyroidism, babies, celiac diseases. Anything about Vitamin A – Weston Price Foundation website (this is a very intense article about vitamin A).
- Vitamin C – if your vitamin C is listed as “(Ascorbic Acid)”, it is synthetically made with corn oil + sulphuric acid. The high amount of ascorbic acid will cause diarrhea and blood in urine.
- Vitamin E – Are you taking vitamin E which contains ONLY Alpha-Tocopherol in it? Please read this! Here’s foods contains vitamin E. Wheat germ oil (capsule) is the natural source of Vitamin E (200 IU x 1/day) – Please do not take 100% “Alpha-Tocopherol” form of vitamin E –> Read “under Tamie recommends” section
- B vitamin – This is a VERY common deficiency
- NY times article – it could be old age, or it could be low B12. If your B-12 vitamin is listed as “(Methylcobalamin), it is synthetically made vitamin. Choose whole foods based vitamins
- Eye, hair, nail, mouth, and skin symptoms are among the early warning signs of B-vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Check this website for the list of symptoms.
- Vitamin B deficiency symptoms article
- The top 5B2 (Riboflavin) deficiency symptoms (mouth, tongue)
- Well –B2 deficiency signs
- B3 (Niacin) deficiency and signs
- B6 (Pyridoxal Phosphate) deficiency and signs
- B7 (Biotin) deficiency and signs
- B9 (Folic Acid) deficiency and signs
- B12 deficiency.orgwebsite
- America’s B12 deficiency– Dr. OZ show’s episode (video)
- A silent epidemic B12 deficiency
- B12 and Thyroid connection – website
- Inositol* – (2mg x 2/day)- Inositol is great to supplement for blood sugar control
- Melatonin* – (3mg at bedtime)
- Electrolyte – (minerals) supplement – Electrolyte Stamina from TraceMinerals is the best. It comes with tablets (3-AM + 3-PM) or liquids (40 drops per day). Electrolyte Supplement– Endura by Metagenics (powder) * I would not recommend my patients to take zero calorie sports drink which contains high fructose corn syrup + sucratose (artificial sweeteners)* as their electrolyte supplement for sure.
- Pycnogenol – many benefits for joint pain, retinal heath, diabetes, circulatory problems, venous disorder, asthma, cognitive function, tinnitus, skin care, menstrual cramp and more
- menstrual cramps, menopausal symptoms and more
- Iron – Easy on your stomach iron supplement (liquid form) – Floradix
- Fish oil– basics and recommendation -> Weston Price website *** watch labels indicates “fish oils (as Ethyl Esters)
- Magnesium Taurate – and its article
- Calcium supplement – Adora – chewable, easy on the stomach (contains cocoa and sugar) *Calcium Carbonates are the hardest calcium to digest* Choose Calcium Lactate.
- Cordyceps – (to improve egg quality, energy, and immune booster)
- Pycnogenol* – (50 mg :AM and 50 mg :PM) or OPC-3 (50 mg x 2/day or 1-2 tsp of powder /day) Great supplement for endometriosis – links 1– 2 – 3 (infertility) – 4(male fertility) forums and blog
- L-Arginine* – (for poor ovarian reserve 1000 ng x 2/day); L-Arginine from foods – chickpeas, meat, fish, nuts, seeds, oatmeal
- Electrolyte (minerals) supplement– From Trace Mineral liquids (start with 10 drops per day and up to 40 drops per day). *Gatorade is owned by Pepsi. It contains a large amount of sugar*
- Wheatgrass – Blue Green Algae – (chlorella, spirulina, wheat grass, barley grass)-check “wheatgrass section” on my website for more details.
- DHEA† – 25 mg x 3/day. If you have ovarian cysts, do not take DHEA; it will your cyst grow
- Magnesium Deficiency – this is a VERY common deficiency
- Eye twitches, facial ticks, muscle spasms, frequent calf cramps AND “MIGRAINES” ladies, Migraines! The pounding headache hits hard behind your eye to the side of your head !!!
- Many magnesium deficiency signs and symptoms listed * I suggest not to choose Magnesium (Carbonate) which is the hardest synthetically made magnesium to digest *
- What does Carolyn Dean, M.D., N.D. say about Magnesium deficiency? (She is the author of “The magnesium Miracle”).
- Magnesium article written by a clinical nutritionist.
- This mineral could save your life– Yahoo Health article
- Top 10 foods high in Magnesium
- Magnesium Taurate and its article
- Magnesium (Albion Chelated Magnesium) and their video clip what “chelated” means.
- Magnesium oil from (Ancient Minerals). Great for sore muscles.
* NOTE: Stop taking Royal Jelly, L-Arginine, L-Carnitine, Inositol, Melatonin, Pycnogenol, and DHEA once you start taking stimulation drugs.