Children respond to acupuncture very quickly because of their abundant yang energy (and their faster metabolisms). I usually discharge children after only a few treatments. Instead of using acupuncture, I often use an electro machine with magnet attachments, which provides only minor vibrations that do not bother the children. I also do a light Tuina massage at the end of treatment using a brush that it is comfortable to the children’s sensitive skin. Treatment usually lasts only 30 to 45 minutes. If I do acupuncture, I insert the acupuncture needles for only 5 to 10 minutes.
Here are some examples of successful acupuncture treatments I’ve performed for children:
- Sprained ankle: I treated an 8-year-old boy for a sprained ankle, and he no longer needs
crutches after 3 treatment.
- Knee pain: I treated a 7-year-old once for knee pain (massage and magnet therapy only), and
alleviated the pain in one session.
- Asthma: I treated a 10-year old boy with asthmatic breathing, who improved dramatically after two
- ADHD: A 10-year-old boy with ADHD showed marked improvements after his first treatment
(according to his mother, who now brings him once a month for treatment).
- Nightmares/insomnia: An 8-year-old who was having nightmares found relief from the monster-
chasing-him dream after only three treatments.
- Anxiety and anger: A 10-year-old boy who experiences anxiety and problems with controlling anger is
now controlling his emotions very well with treatments occurring every three weeks.