Though men and women do share many similar health concerns, women do face their own health concerns that need special attention. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists devotes a section of their Web site to Women’s Issues.
The endocrine system, which regulates our hormones, is responsible for much more than we might perceive. Though the endocrine system inherently strive to retain a state called “homeostasis” (balance within the body systems), an endocrine imbalance can cause insomnia, weight gain, headaches, depression, anxiety, brain fog, profound fatigue, digestive distress, aches and pains, and other symptoms. If you are feeling any of these symptoms and can’t seem to find an outside cause (i.e. stress), you might consider hormonal testing.
Estrogen Dominance 101:
- Where the Estrogen Dominance coming from??? – Xeno-Estogens (1)
- Where the Estrogen Dominance coming from??? – Xeno-Estrogens (2)
- Estrogen Dominance and WATER
- How to avoid Estrogen Mimicking Chemicals
- Maintaining Estrogen Balance
- The Women to Women Web site offers a free Hormonal Health Profile.
- Please check this site to see if you are using products contain Triclosan which links to abnormalities with the endocrine system.
- Images of the endocrine system.
- Common thyroid function tests.
- Symptoms experienced discussion site for hypothyroidism.
- Vaginitis(Trichomonas Vaginalis)
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention answers frequently asked questions about the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV).
- Peri-Menopause by Doni Wilson
- Sleep Disruption by Doni Wilson
- Neurotransmitters and Sleep by Doni Wilson
- Post Menopausal menstrual cramp
- Post Menopausal bleeding western medicine protocol: If your ultra sound shows endometrial lining is under 4mm, no endometrial biopsy is necessary. If your number is between 4 mm and 9 mm, your doctor will suggest you to get endometrial biopsy. If the lining is thicker than 9 mm, you have to get endometrial biopsy done. This is short but not the walk in the park
- Often you were told to get this procedure done on the day of your visit so that you may be wise to get prepared. Take advil 800 mg 30 minutes before the procedure.
- Acupressure onSP6 while you are waiting for your doctor to come and push LI4 when you are on the table. Having an ice pack on your forehead help you from your blood pressure to
- go down (feeling of fainting). If you have never had a labor, chances are, your cervix is tight and narrow for the device to get in. Be patient and practice deep and slow breathing !!!
- Soy Isoflavonesexert modest hormonal effects in pre-menopausal women
Unusual menopausal signs and symptoms – check the following sites before calling your doctor:
Vitamin and Mineral Deficiencies
Two of the most common deficiencies in women are Vitamin B and Magnesium, two important factors in blood and heart health, among other benefits
Vitamin B is important for a healthy nervous system, as well as keeping your blood healthy by promoting new red blood cell growth, and lack of it can cause anemia. Vitamin B12 cannot be produce by the body, so you must eat the right foods, and consider taking a good supplement.
- NY times article – it could be old age, or it could be low B12. If your B-12 vitamin is listed as “(Methylcobalamin), it is synthetically made vitamin. Choose whole foods based vitamins
- Eye, hair, nail, mouth, and skin symptoms are among the early warning signs of B-vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Check this website for the list of symptoms.
- Vitamin B deficiency symptoms article
- The top 5B2 (Riboflavin) deficiency symptoms (mouth, tongue)
- Well –B2 deficiency signs
- B3 (Niacin) deficiencyand signs
- B6 (Pyridoxal Phostate) deficiencyand signs
- B7 (Biotin) deficiency and signs
- B9 (Folic Acid) deficiencyand signs
- B12 deficiency.orgwebsite
- America’s B12 deficiency– Dr. OZ show’s episode (video)
- A silent epidemic B12 deficiency
- B12 and Thyroidconnection – website
Research show that the majority of woman are deficient in Magnesium. This mineral, which may have anti-imflammatroy properties, has been shown to improve PMS symtoms, as well as insomnia symptoms particularly when used at night. Though supplements are helpful, it is always advised to try to get your magnesium in the food you eat.
- Eye twitches, facial ticks, muscle spasms, frequent calf cramps AND “MIGRAINES” ladies, Migraines !The pounding headache hits hard behind your eye to the side of your head !!!
- Manymagnesium deficiency signs and symptoms listed * I suggest not to choose Magnesium (Carbonate) which is the hardest synthetically made magnesium to digest *
- What does Carolyn Dean, M.D., N.D. say about Magnesium deficiency ? (She is the author for “The magnesium Miracle”).
- Magnesium articlewritten by a clinical nutritionist.
- This mineral could save your life– Yahoo Health article
- Top 10 foods high in Magnesium
- Magnecium Taurateand its article
- Magnecium (Albion Chelated Magnesium) and their video clip what “chelated” means.
- Magnecium oil form (Ancient Minerals). Great for sore muscles.
- Flax Seeds Benefits
- Rosemary for Estrogen-Dominant Breast Cancer
- How about Progesterone?
- HRT (Synthetic and Bio-Identical) and Breast Cancer – you need to know.
- Articles written by Dr. V (Veronique Desaulniers) – Green Med Info
- How to heal breast cancer naturally with Dr. V (and podcast link)
- Estronex– Estrogen profile urine test to find out the risk of developing estrogen sensitive cancers
- BreastCancer.com explains how Traditional Chinese Medicine can help speed recovery from breast cancer.
- Thermography – is the better form of testing than going to get mammogram. Here’s a few information!