SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth) is often the hidden, THE root cause of gut disorders which manifest as so many physical and mental problems and often ignored by main stream medicine. One big take home message here for people “might have” SIBO is avoid eating fermented foods, high fiber foods and high potency probiotics! You are throwing gasoline to the fire so to speak. You need to KILL bad bacterias in small intestines first (they should belong to large intestines in the first place!!! but the valve between large intestine to small intestines are open so that they starts grow in the wrong place and start having a big party 24/7) before started to grow good bacterias. If you would like to grow vegetables in summer, what do you do? You clean up the garden by weeding, turn over soil, THEN plant the seeds with fertilizer. Clean up the digestive system is just like that. You need to clean up the mess first THEN start feeding good stuff. Make sense to you? No Kombucha, flax seeds, 100 billions probiotics if you have SIBO! SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth) often the hidden, root cause of gut disorders which causes so many physical and mental problems. If your doctor order the breath test for SIBO and the result came back positive, the chances are you will get a prescription called “Rifaximin” antibiotic. Make sure this medication is covered by your insurance (very expensive drug manufactured in Canada).
Here’s SIBO related articles:
- Lactulose Breath Test Interpretation Guide with Charts by Allison Siebecker & Steven Sandburg-Lewis
- SIBO/Brain Fog/ FODMAP Diet (short webinar) by Michael Ruscio
- Recognizing and Understanding SIBO by Jay Davidson
- 6 signs that SIBO might be the root cause by Jill Carnahan, MD
- The truth about fermented foods and SIBO by Body Ecology
- Advance gut healing therapies SIBO, dysbiosis, and leaky gut (audio) by Jill Carnahan, MD
- 5 tips to banish belly bloat by Sara Vance
- SIBO questionnaire by Trudy Scott
- 5 new finding related to SIBO by Tracy Konoske RD
- Dr. Alison Siebecker is THE SIBO expert. This is her podcast about SIBO and FODMAP diet
- Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth Testing
- Diet for IBS and SIBO
- 5 reasons why even vegetarians should eat gelatin by Chris Kresser Lic. Ac.
- Cooking with Bones by Mark Sissons (avoid onion, garlic if you might have SIBO)
- SIBO Center for Digestive Health link
FODMAP is an acronym for “Fermentable Oligosaccharides, Disaccharides, Monosaccharides, And Polyols.”
Examples of high FODMAP foods include Fermentable:
Oligosaccharides: Jerusalem artichoke, cabbage, onion and garlic
Disaccharides: Cow or goat milk.
Monosaccharides: Apples, peaches, mangos, and pears.
Polyols: Avocados, apricots, prunes, snow peas, and xylitol.
- A few charts to help you:
Click HERE to read about SIBO, FODMAP related articles
Click HERE for Lab Testing Information