What causes female infertility?If you have problems conceiving, you are not alone. About 6% of married women 15–44 years of age in the United States are unable to get pregnant after one year of unprotected sex, and this is categorized as infertility. There are many reasons why you may not be able to conceive; listed below are some of the most common causes.
Acupuncture is the most relaxing way for women to gain hormonal balance and proper uterine blood flow
Low Uterine Blood flow Treatment (Swedish Study) – I learned this technique from the acupuncturist work at CCRM. It works for the poor ovarian responder and women who have thin endometrial lining during the follicular phase (stimulation phase). Reduction of blood flow impedance in the uterine arteries of infertile women with electro-acupuncture
Frequent / Early Miscarriage
As well as miscarriage in the second trimester (commonly 23-25 weeks into the pregnancy).
A natural approach to treating uterine fibroids
Endometriosis and Infertility
Understanding HPO Axis (Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Ovary).
HPO Axis (Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Ovary)
Immune Factors/Tests for Early Pregnancy Loss:
- IVF and Immunotherapy (Reproductive Immunology Associates website).
- Miscarriages can be prevented (Reproductive Immunology Associates)
- MTHFR Positive (specific gene found on a specific chromosome within every cell)
- Immune Factor (anti-cardiolipin antibodies) Testing (Thrombophilia )
- Immune Factor (antiphospholipid antibody) Testing
- Immune Factor(anti- thyroid antibodies) Testing (forum)
- Immune Factor (anti-nuclear antibodies) Testing
- Immune Factor (anti-ovarian antibodies) Testing
- Immune Factor (anti_DNA/Histone antibodies) Testing
- Immune Factor (Natural Killer Cell Assay) Testing
- Immune Factor (Th1/Th2 Leukocyte antibodies) Testing
- Immune Factor (T Regulatory Cells ) Testing
- Immune Factor (Elevated CD57 cells in the endometrium) Testing
- Immune Factor(Anti-Ovarian Antibodies) Test
Hormone Distributors for Infertility
Top 6 Endocrine Disruptors to be checked:
- Hormone disrupt – #1 – Fluoride – Is your water purifier filter “fluoride”? Most of the water purifiers do not filter this chemical which is toxic to the thyroid gland. The Big News to Infertility but barely discussed at the doctor’s office. This is the best unit I was able to find -> Aqua True is the best!!!!! This counter top model requires once a YEAR filter replacement. The taste of water is the best I have tasted so far.
- Hormone disruptor – #2 – Triclosan – Date Line video clip, ABC news article; products contain triclosan & household toxins.
- Hormone disruptor – #3 – Parabens is being used as preservatives, is xenoestrogens (xenohormones). Here are articles about parabens in cosmetics.Breast Cancer Fund website.
- Hormone disruptor – #4 – 1, 4-Dioxane commonly used in cosmetics and personal care products which listed ingredients as “Polysorbates, Polyethylene Glycol, Polyethylene, Polyoxyethylene.”
- Hormone disruptor – #5 – BHT (Butylated Hydroxy-Toluene) is often added to foods as preservatives and also used in cosmetics, It is also known as a stabilizer in pesticides, gasoline, lubricants, and soaps. Do you eat cereal? Please check the ingredients list. (and if you have a dog, read this!)
- Hormone disruptor – #6 – BPA (Bisphenol A) is endocrine disruptor . “BPA and unexplained infertility” BPA links to obesity and increase the risk of cancer. It is wise to bring glass containers when you order take out and avoid using plastic contained water bottle? Please read the following links: BPA information: ” How to protect yourself against BPA” and “BPA and Hand Sanitizer“.
Male infertility occurs in up to 40% of couples. It takes 75 days to turn around to get better semen analysis report (sperm counts, motility, morphology and viscosity/resistance to flow). I use various whole food based supplements as much as I can, both with and without acupuncture treatment. For more information, visit Male Fertility.
Your PCP and RE could not find anything wrong with you and husband and be suggesting you to keep trying. Here are some tips for you to think about.
- Are you taking Omega3 Fatty Acid (DHA/EPA) knows as Fish Oil? These two are very important for you and fetus’s brain development.
- If you are having infertility issue for conceiving 2nd or 3rd child, the chances are you are tired than you think you are. Take a look at this article. My treatment focused on Adrenal Fatigue/Thyroid/Sugar balancing works well.
- If you are having difficulty conceiving for the second or the third child – read this article about “adrenal distress syndrome.”
- Have you got your Thyroid Panel checked? Having the TSH is in the range does not mean your thyroid is nice and healthy. I have seen women in high TPO (Hashimoto’s Autoimmune), very low Free T3 and high rT3 patients all came with normal TSH.
- What should I eat during the prep phase for IUI/IVF& after embryo transfer? What should I not to do? Supplement ? Exercise?” Here’s my take!
- This page is packed with many useful links related to fertility – your IVF medications, various testings, books & DVD recommendations etc…)
- How does acupuncture treatment benefit to infertility? Here it is.
- When is the last time you got the blood test for B-12? B-12 deficiency is often overlooked the factor in infertility
- At least take a look this page to find out gluten sensitivity issues and learn the code for gluten.
- Environmental Causes of Infertility is bigger than you think. BPA in plastics container is one of them
- If you are diagnosed as a poor ovarian function, think about taking Acai Berry 3 x per day with the meal. Please check this blog to find out more.
- Is your iron ‘STORAGE” marker called “Ferritin” is above 30? Many of my patients are a way below 30. Not enough iron will make the process difficult.
- This is HUGE – How are you managing your stress level? Eating constantly or poorly is stress to your gut, exercise a lot is also stressed to the body. Acupuncture seems offset the stress level nicely.